Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Baby Food Resources

Found a few links that I thought might intrigue a few readers. First one is a study done on unnecessary fillers and additives of manufactured baby food and the benefits of making your own. You can read it here.

Second is a baby food making website that I am so excited about. My friend Christi recommended it and I can't wait to utilize some of the recipes. I think I am most excited about making my own baby food cereals (oats, rice, barley, etc) and also making "meals" where you have things like chicken apples and oats all in a combo. For as hard as it is to see Abbie getting older I am excited about watching her grow and experience things for the first time as well. Select baby food below to be taken to the homemade baby food website.


Also thought you may get some use out of this website on Food Labels as well. I discovered it by researching if I could give Abbie regular applesauce or not and discovered that you can it just needs to be unsweetened applesauce. Musselman's makes a kind that is unsweetened and I am sure other manufacturers do as well. Anyway, when I went to Musselman's website to see what the nutrition label said the ingredients were it didn't list them. It just gave me the nutrition info and not the ingredients. I found this labeling website which gives you the option to type in whatever food you may want and see its ingredients. Lo and behold, Musselman's unsweetened applesauce is ok to give Abbie :)

3 comments:

  1. yay for this post! I'm starting to do some research since Dylan is a few short months away from eating solids :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean Molly! I have been gradually freezing batches of baby food for the future so I don't have to do it all at once and now I am just a month away (we are waiting until 6 months). Super excited for this new phase of her life but also bittersweet as all milestones in her life seem to be! Dylan just keeps getting cuter! Hope you are doing well adjusting to working and being a mommy at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We plan on waiting until 6 months as well. I haven't started freezing anything yet because I can barely find enough time to eat and play with Dylan when I get home from work. I'm getting a little overwhelmed with trying to balance life, family and work. It's busy season so I'm working a lot of hours...let's just say I haven't really cleaned in amount a month and once laundry gets washed and dried, it sits in the basket until I have to do laundry again. One of these days I'll be able to balance it all! Until then, as long as we all live, I will be fine! I LOVE Abbie's eyes. She is always so bright eyed (yes, I know it's the camera, but it's super cute)! Our babies are growing so fast!!!

    ReplyDelete