Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Bring Him Home...

Today I have a special treat...my dear friend Christi is sharing a bit of her heart on how hard adoption can be, but also what a blessing adopting has been for her family!  

Are you in the process of adopting?  Have you adopted before?  Maybe it's something you aren't quite sure about, but know somewhere down deep there is a flicker of intrigue in your soul that yearns to wonder if God would someday ask you to adopt?  

Join me today friends as she shares a bit of her heart....

"I remember the day that we sat and talked about whether or not we could love a child that had not come from my womb... I remember the day I left Guatemala with my heart broken in PIECES as we prayed to adopt 2 sweet girls that we could not... I remember the day your daddy finally realized that he indeed, could love a child not from my womb... after all Jesus loves us and daddy and I love each other... we aren't blood sweet boy, but LOVE covers a multitude! 

Have you ever asked yourself these questions? While we were adopting our first son, I wrote this post and addressed a lot of those fearful adoption questions.

And here we are... 2 years after bringing our sweet Malakai Aweke home from Ethiopia... a day I'll NEVER forget just a few weeks later we found out we were going to have another child, your baby sister, Finley. When Finley was 3 months old, in obedience to the Lord, we moved all the way to Guatemala... and again, the Lord said HE had another child for us.... and we found YOU sweet boy!!


"I was lost in those BEAUTIFUL, deep brown eyes... 
I studied every curl on his little head... 
every little chubby finger... 
every stain on his dirty clothes... 
and I wondered... 
could he be ours?"


Waiting for you has been difficult at times... it's really not right. If you think about the fallen, sinful world that we live in, it makes total sense. However, I don't believe the Lord intended for children to be orphans... for poverty and disease to run rampant... or for children to spend months, sometimes years in orphanages waiting for a family. 

It's a unique place to be.... to love a child so much that you barely know... to not have the comfort of him being in your womb and controlling what he eats, what he experiences, what he feels... to not know IF your child is getting enough to eat or WHO is feeding him.... to not know if your child wakes up crying at night of IF anyone comforts him when he does... these are things no child or parent should experience! 

You, sweet child, are SUCH a blessing from the Lord! We love you so much and will do our best to raise you up in the ways of the Lord. You are loved by SO many and they are all anticipating your arrival. We anticipate no lack of love in your life! 

As I walk by your room each night on the way to ours, I can't help but peek in your crib, close my eyes, and dream of the day that you are in that crib. I think you're going to get sick of mommy staring at you all the time while you sleep! I promise I'll be really quiet when I sneak out of bed and over to your crib each night and I'm sure that daddy will find me sleeping on the floor next to your crib more than once! :) Feel free to wake up during the night... just so I can stare in those beautiful eyes and hold your sweet hands.

I wish I could put into words the miracle you are! You see, God knew your name before the creation of the world. Only He knows the plans for your life... and we are SO humbled that God would call us to be your mommy and daddy and for the way that He has shown us His love in this journey. You've changed so many hearts all ready and I can't wait to see you shine for Jesus! "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christi and her husband Dan are currently serving alongside their two children as missionaries at an orphanage in Guatamala.  They are both dear friends of ours.  Their sweet boy pictured above is still waiting to come home to be a part of his forever family and finally have someone to call mom and dad.  Their family is still in need of almost $4000 to bring him home and he is in need of some medical treatment as soon as they are able to bring him home.  The faster they get him home the better!

If you feel so led to do so, you can make a tax-deductible donation here.  Would you consider hosting a garage sale and donating proceeds to their family?  Or maybe a bake sale?  A youth group carwash?  Or share this story on your Facebook by clicking one of the icons below so others can hear their story.  Whatever it is, every dollar, and every person you share this with counts to bring their sweet boy Titus home for good! 

2 comments:

  1. Praying for them as they continue through this hard journey. Keep up the God work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lori! They are getting ready to leave to see him soon and hoping to bring him home in September..keep praying!

    ReplyDelete