Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mission Minded

Time has not been very existent in our house lately. I think everyone's lives are like that and some seasons are busier than others. I haven't been appearing as much on my blog as I would like. I have so much to share with all of you! I've been busy in the kitchen making homemade whole wheat tortillas, sour dough starters, whole wheat baguettes, reading a book on consuming more whole foods and less processed foods, reading an amazing book written by a Godly woman that is changing my life, chasing after an almost 1 year old, planning a birthday party, working on a home management binder, a recipe book specific to our household, DIY household product recipes including some insanely hippie body products :),meal planning, natural childbirth info, breastfeeding advice, baby product recommendations, and fitness and nutrition info... I want to share all of my tips with all of you! The more time I spend tweaking them the more my life is actually getting easier and I want to bring that to you....in due time I suppose. I have to have time to write all the blog entries first!

Today I want to focus on something else....some people who are so very dear to my heart. I contacted my friend Callie recently at her blog through clouded glass. She has many more blog followers than I do so I thought she would be able to get the word out more quickly for me. My friends are trying so hard to be obedient to follow after God's call for them going into missions. Would you please take a moment and head over to Callie's blog today and hear their story. Even if you can't give would you pray? Would you consider posting their story on your blog? Or maybe you know others who would want to post it on theirs? My friends covet your prayers. They are seriously one of the most amazing couples I have ever met and I love them dearly!

My hubby and I's hearts have been talking a lot more about missions lately and even more personal missions of potentially adopting or fostering children someday. My heart hurts knowing orphans don't have what Abbie has. No one to love on them and call their own. No one hugging them close and kissing their hurts away. No trust in an adult to know they are safe for forever and never to be tossed aside. They only know conditional love. Not unconditional love. My friends will be working at an orphanage and doing just that....providing these things to those children in the best way they know how.

Whether it be in the spiritual sense of being adopted into God's family, or in a physical sense of forever bringing a child into your home, the bible does promise this...


John 14:18


"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."


May God bless your work all of your days Dan and Christi as you are obedient to God's call in your lives! I love you both and am so proud of your faithfulness!


1 comment:

  1. So glad you contacted me, Bridget! I love your heart to serve the Lord and help your friends!

    ReplyDelete