Sunday, October 7, 2012

Pumpkin Patch

Our lives have been so busy and so full lately.  I find myself in a time of transition.  Waiting.  Sorting thoughts.  Praying.  Anxiously awaiting.  Then praying against the being anxious part :)  God is so good and faithful.  Though we do not know all of his ways, my heart rests securely in the promise of His word from
Romans 8:28
 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose."

Though I don't understand the "whys" now.  I know good things are coming and I know that even though I don't understand, right now is still good.  Good news coming soon to share with you all.  I can't wait :)  Hopefully this week...if I get back to blog again this week!  

For now, I figured I would leave you with a few pictures of what we've been up to lately....
We visited a local pumpkin farm yesterday.  I grew up just a few miles down the road from a pumpkin patch.  It was a huge part of my life as a kid....my siblings and I all at one point in time worked there in someway shape or form so going to pumpkin patches in the fall is a no brainer in my opinion.  We will go....doesn't matter how cold or rainy it is.  All things fall and pumpkin make my heart smile!  So...we made the trek yesterday.  Just to one a few miles away.  It was pretty cold outside and I think Abbie was having a hard time with that.  She really didn't want to have anything to do with well...anything!  Nevertheless this mama ain't happy if she doesn't get at least a picture so here is our day in pictures.
 At least she isn't crying in this one :)
 She kind of liked the kids village play area
 She hated the petting zoo

Dangit I will get a family picture of us to remember the "fond" memory of Abbie's 1st Trip to the Pumpkin Patch....(let's be honest, she hated it!)

Finally in the car on the way home...eating.  Maybe that was what was wrong the whole time.  She was hungry?  I just fed her lunch and gave her a nap before we went though so who knows!  She was a happy girl once we left :) 

What is your favorite part about fall?  I'd love to hear....besides pumpkin patches my other favs are:  hoodies and jeans, bonfires, chili, and pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks or anything pumpkin flavored for that matter!


Until next time,

Bridget




No comments:

Post a Comment