Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Distractions

Why is it that whenever I know I need to just sit down and spend some quality time with my Savior, that my mind just won't settle? It keeps being distracted by a million different things!
The very thing that I need the most is most often the thing I spend the least amount of time doing. How much more patient would I be if I spent more time with Jesus? How much more joy would I have if I daily gave Him the best part of my day...the part of my day that is fresh and rejuvenated, the part of me that hasn't been wearied by a days work, or bruised by scars that humanity tends to bestow on one another?
All day long I have been thinking about plans for our outside projects that are coming up. I am so eager to get started that I have practically thought of nothing else all day. Lord bring balance to my life. To not be so absorbed by every project I throw myself into, but instead realizing the daily responsibilities you have also given me and to not take them lightly.
Ok I need to go spend sometime with God before I go to bed, but I am excited to start posting about our upcoming projects soon. Last summer when we bought our house we focused every ounce of energy on the interior. With that pretty much done we're turning our attention to the outdoors. Soon to come: ripping out our existing ugly patio and front patio, setting our new patio, painting our shutters & storage shed, digging and planting the garden, and designing some landscaping and flower beds....super excited for the finished products....the leg work eh not so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment