Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday Afternoon Thoughts

So I have tried numerous times to get a blog to work, and I have never quite taken the time I should have to figure out how they work. I can never quite figure out layouts properly, or how to import pictures into posts but I think I finally figured this one out.
My problem before was mostly figuring out how to add people to it....so if you are reading this consider yourself lucky since I was able to figure out how to add you!
Numerous things have been on my heart lately that I'm trying to work through. Just a few of them:

1) My job- I love where I work. My bosses are incredible and run their business with such integrity and ethical value. Their faith is a large part of their business and it shows in their everyday lives. Problem is....I work as a veterinary technician which I do like working with animals and my coworkers and our clients, but I just don't know that my heart is in it. I love the hands on side of my job- blood draws, IV catheters, work on the microscope but my heart seems to be drawn to helping women...of all ages. Single girls, newlyweds, young mothers....I know we all aren't called to fulltime ministry but I've often thought about speaking or writing to invest in the lives of women. So where do I start? Educate myself...I must spend time in the word, spend time with God and seek out if this is part of His will for me. There is a speaking/writing training conference through Provers31 ministries that I am intrigued by and am praying about whether or not God wants me to go.

2) Family- Dave and I have been recently wondering if it is in God's plans for us to adopt a child first before having natural born children. We don't have any fertility problems that we know of, and are unsure at this point, but definitely feel that it is possible he maybe leading us to do so, and so we wait, and we pray!

Well I think I am going to go read a book I've been working on called "Coming Attractions" by Robin Jones Gunn. She is a christian fiction author, and this is the 3rd book in one of her series. It's getting pretty good and I like to wrap myself up in a good fiction book when I can. My first Christian fiction love is Karen Kingsbury but I have read many of hers and am now waiting for her next book in the series I was working on to come out within the next month...super excited!!!

Tonight we have plans with some friends from church for supper. I love our church. It really has become a second home for us....another family....and a place of safety!

Til later~
BB

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I found you!!! If you need any help setting up a layout, just let me know. Now that I stay home with Lauren..I have a lot of free time on my hands. Love you and miss you more!!

    ReplyDelete