Saturday, July 9, 2011

Happy Anniversary

Dear Dave,
5 years ago we promised our lives to each other. A decision I never regret making. You are the most amazing husband I could have ever asked for. Over the past 5 years we've learned a lot, mostly about each other and our relationships with God. Thank you for being our families leader, for loving me even when I am not very lovable, for being my best friend and companion, and now for sharing parenthood with me. Thank you for jumping off that cliff a year ago with me when God asked us to let him control our families future. I couldn't imagine doing life with anyone else but you!
Love you forever,
Bridget

July 8th was our 5th anniversary and I think it was the best yet. Funny thing is, that it was the simplest and cheapest of all of them, but that made it that much better. We had to be creative, and I loved it. Thank you Dave for a wonderful day. It was perfectly celebrated in our own little way!

We cooked dinner together and had fillet, baked potatoes, and blanched broccoli

/>

and then after dinner I had a surprise. On our wedding night we really didn't get much more than a taste of our cake. We cut the cake and had that taste and while we were out dancing our servers threw the pieces of cake at our plates away. When we got home from our honeymoon our parents had put our cake in the fridge for us and we decided since we didn't get much at the wedding we would eat it then instead of freezing it for our 1st anniversary. Meaning, we never really got our cake on our 1st anniversary. I called a local bakery and they sold individual pieces of cake so I went in and got 4 of them. They were so cute. We had banana with cream cheese frosting, lemon with almond frosting, butter pecan with cream cheese frosting and carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. The night Dave proposed to me our dessert was carrot cake. I love it, and because of its significance it holds a special place in my heart....


We read each others cards, and actually found some for this milestone that we liked. We hate buying cards. It's so hard to find one thats not over the top cheesy or corny, so sometimes we buy them if we can find one we like, others we make our own or write a letter to each other. He never wastes words, but the words he does write are always perfect and heartfelt...



He got me flowers




and we watched a movie together. After the movie I asked if we could watch our wedding video. Sadly, I just finished putting all the photos with music, and video clips all together right before Abbie was born. He said sure and we watched most of it before we got too tired. The day was perfect. Simple. Frugal. Exactly what we needed. Thank you God for an amazing husband and marriage.

Here's us...


5 years down, and how ever many more the Lord will bless us with to go....I hope its many! May I cherish these moments. Life never slows down and who wants to make memories out of going to work everyday. Lord let me never forget that the laundry can wait, the dishes can get down later cause I have a life that you have blessed me with. A husband to hug and kiss, a baby to rock and cuddle and memories to make in a house so blessed by you!

And here is our greatest joy, thank you God for marriages, and parenthood, and our dear precious baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment