Sunday, November 13, 2011

The 'E' family



My first photography shoot ever.
I must say I laughed as I looked back at these. Sometimes when I take photos now I am so hard on myself, but to all you photographers out there.....I handed these photos to my soon to be bride unedited....unedited??? Something I wouldn't dream of doing now! In my defense, I really had no intention of this photography shoot turning into anything. I took them for my friend who at the time was not going to get any engagement photos. She was trying to cut corners in planning for her wedding, and decided she didn't need engagement photos. Well this photography loving girl just wouldn't have any of that! I said basically "over my dead body you won't...I'm taking some for you. They may not be good, but they are better than nothing and every girl should have some engagement photos!" And thus....it began. I had fun that day. A lot of fun actually, and the funny thing is, because her husband is in the military they had to plan quickly for their wedding and planning quickly meant planning the wedding before she was actually officially engaged. Time came for engagement pictures, and still no ring, but lo and behold I was there to capture their photos of his actual proposal as he got down on one knee and asked her to spend the rest of his life with him....melt. my. heart. Love it! He just got home from Afghanistan last weekend after being away for a year. So reliving these pictures was all that more enjoyable. Love you guys and am so blessed to see the two of you together again!
What a blessed moment! So lucky to have witnessed it!





3 comments:

  1. Awww Thanks Bridget! I love looking back on these photos. So glad you were there to capture the special moment! Remember when he was fiddling in his pocket and then reached in the fountain and we were both looking at each other like "what in the world is he doing?" LOL Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are so sweet! you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bridget, one other thing - I'm doing a little cloth diapering mini-series on my blog, since we just started using them, and I'm trying to put together a post with bits of advice from moms who have been doing it longer then me - would you be interested in sending me your best piece of advice on cloth diapering? Let me know! My e-mail is throughcloudedglass@gmail.com!

    ReplyDelete