Sunday, June 20, 2010

Heart's Desire

The other day on a Christian radio station I was listening to some people calling in about what they "did" for work or were passionate about. This one lady called in and talked about how she was older...maybe 40s and had decided to go back to cosmetology school. She felt called to go and God has blessed every step of the way for her....even her new business. It got me thinking about my passions. Sometimes I still feel so ashamed that at 26 years old I still don't know what it really is that I want. I love science. Biology in specific, and I don't think that God would bless anyone any less if there were science teacher vs someone in ministry....I think its just something that if God calls you to do it, you are obedient to it. Which makes me wonder also.....are we always going to love our jobs or lack thereof? I would have to say no....do I always feel like I am head over heels for my husband...no. Most days yes :) but not always! I guess it's more about whether or not we serve God in every part of the jobs or tasks that he has given to us...that we serve him wholeheartedly without quitting and do so joyfully! Now is this always possible...nope! We are going to mess that up cause we are human. I do really want to stay at home when we start a family. I start to think about how that might not always be the most joyful task...that it will probably have far more frustrations then my current position at work where I receive lots of praise. It will be longer hours, thankless (most of the time, at least from the baby's point of view :) and exhausting....but I still smile just thinking about how much bigger the blessing and joy of doing so would be....how worth it it would be! I love other women and investing in their lives and I just think of what a nice opportunity that might be to spend time with them, learn from them and maybe even teach them somethings to. I pray for God's timing, and my heart to desire what he wants for me, not just what I want...whatever that might be!

No comments:

Post a Comment