Tuesday, July 17, 2012

6 years!!!

Just a few weeks ago on  July 8th, 2012 Dave and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary.  To some 6 doesn't sound like a lot.  To others it sounds like an eternity, but to me, to me I stand back in awe at how fast the time has gone by.  How much has been accomplished.  How many mistakes were made.  The joys, and the sorrows that 6 years can bring, and I just feel incrediblely blessed to know that Dave chose me to spend His life with.  That God brought us together in the way that He did for His glory.  I pray that the next 6 years, and hopefully the next 60-70 years will be spent doing just that....glorifying God in all that we do.  Thank you Jesus for what a blessing this man is in my life and so many others!!

July 8th, 2006





July 2012

To celebrate we had a night out to ourselves, baby in tow to grandma and grandpa's to have a slumber party, while we went out and had the most relaxing time I think we have had since Abbie was born.  No baby, no food thrown on the floor, no focusing on meeting the ever pressing needs of a toddler, just me, my hubby some amazing food and a bottle of wine (of which I think I had too much of so I had to stop :)  Since Abbie's birth I feel like all we've done is worry about the bills getting paid, and her needs...finally we just stopped, relaxed, and treated ourselves.  Neither one of us cared what the bill was.  Not that I recommend doing that very often, but it was nice to just enjoy each others company without life stresses!  We rarely ever order an appetizer or dessert, let alone a bottle of wine, and we let ourselves have all of the above.  Calamari, Dave had a rack of lamb, I had an amazing white fish called Doversole that was encrusted with almonds and pecans and garnished with a roasted red pepper sauce, our wine paired perfectly and for dessert....well I had to have the carrot cake...it was part of Dave's proposal to me, but he didn't want it...no the chef wanted creme brulee...go figure :)  But you know what...I enjoyed my piece of cake to its entirety...no sense wasting a perfectly good piece of carrot cake on someone who is lusting after creme brulee :) Afterwards we walked through our downtown cause we were so stuffed and needed to walk a little bit in order to not just roll onto the couch when we got home.  Then we went home and watched Lost....our current show of choice that we always watch together.  We are trying to make it through all the seasons.  At the rate we are going it will probably be our 25th anniversary before we finish them all.
In all it was a wonderful anniversary spent exactly the way we like to....with each other, just being us, and that makes it just perfect!

1 comment:

  1. Bridget,
    it was a sheer pleasure to get to chat with you last minute at the airport! You're a breathtaking woman of God! He has special plans for you sister... keep saying "yes" to Him. ~ Love and prayers from Maine, Amy
    p.s. congrats to you and your man! God is good!

    ReplyDelete