Monday, November 5, 2012

An Exciting Announcement!

Today, starts a new day.  A new beginning.  A new adventure.

Something that God has been stirring way down deep in my soul for a long time has been awakened.  Something He intended so long ago to be there is breaking free.

Moving forward.  Moving onward.  Moving upward.

Dear friends my heart has so many passions.  Have you stopped in and seen what really has changed about this blog?  You should check this out if you haven't read it yet.

My heart is bursting.  He has made me for this moment.  He has called me to this and though failures and trials will come, the joy of the Lord is indeed my strength and I will press on.

This summer as I attended the She Speaks conference in North Carolina (read all about that here), God has just continued to open my eyes up to more.  The more I say "yes."  The more He reveals and although sometimes its absolutely terrifying hearing what He has to say, He is quick to extend peace and strength to give me courage to do what He's asked of me.

He has made it so evident to me that He wants me to speak to and encourage the hearts of women.    How do I do this?  Just by asking Him.  He has blessed me already with this space that I may encourage each of you with my written words.  He has blessed me with an opportunity already to speak to a large moms group in my town this coming spring, and now dear friends I give you this....

He has been so faithful even in the tiniest of things.  I can't wait to see what He does next, but without further ado, I am so thrilled/excited/terrified/trembling/overjoyed to announce that starting today I am beginning my training to become a Board Certified Christian Life Coach.




I've spent quite awhile praying about this decision, and He has made it so very clear to me.  I don't know where this will take me (us), but He knows.

What is a Life Coach many of you may ask?

Christian Life Coaching is about helping people get from where they are in their present life to where they want to be by using a biblical, faith based approach.  My job will be to challenge and encourage my clients.  Help them come up with a plan to press on to achieve the goals God puts on their hearts.  I will be able to help people take a step back and examine their lives to help give them more focus and some accountability in doing so.  I will be an encourager, a motivator, a discerning voice, a listener, a communicator, a cheerleader, a partner, and a friend.    

As I've felt God asking me to step out of my comfort zone, it sometimes becomes very difficult to combat the lies of the enemy...."you can't write,"  "why in the world would a group of women want to hear you speak?" "you are still broken Bridget, nobody grows from a broken person."  "Life coaching?  Why would anybody want to be coached by you?" And the list goes on....

But God's truth is louder, is stronger "I can write...God will give me the words to write."  "You're right....groups of women don't want to hear me speak, they want to hear God's truth spoken through me."  "Yes, I am still broken, and God will fully equip me to bring His message out of my pain, to heal the hearts of many who are also still broken."

If its one thing I've learned in the past several months its that God does all things for His glory and our good (Romans 8:28)  I cannot do this in my own strength.  Every part of it would fail if I did.  I cannot tell you where exactly He is taking me but I do know this....my heart is overjoyed at the unknown, knowing now that I am finally being obedient to submit to His will and not mine on the giftings He has given me.

Please pray for me friends:

  • That God would give me the wisdom to balance ministry with family.  My relationship with God and my family should always come first.  Pray that He will continue to mold me in knowing what this looks like for my family.
  • For courage- that the lies of the enemy would not overwhelm me but that I would continually take my fears to God and combat the lies with His wisdom.  
  • That I would let go of control again and again and trust that He will give me the words to write and to speak, and to know that this is all for His glory, never my own.
  • And one of my biggest fears- how I will find people to life coach.  How do I balance marketing a ministry and marketing it for God, but not marketing myself?

I also want to give a shout out to my friend Amy who is a Board Certified Christian Life Coach (you can visit her blog here).  She was an intricate part of the entire process I've gone through and has been such an amazing source of encouragement and prayer for my heart during this entire process.  Thank you dear friend!    God sure knew what he was doing when he introduced us only for a few moments in an airport this summer!

You all are such a blessing and I'm so glad you've joined me on this journey!

Til Next Time....

5 comments:

  1. SO thrilled for you!! :) Will be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new venture! Looking forward to reading about your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRIDGET, I'm smiling from ear to ear! We have been mutually blessed by a great God. Thinking of you today so much as you begin... and dive into a new path on your journey! GO GOD! ~ Blessings out, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Bridget! God will equip you as He leads. Praising Him with you. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete