Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Frugal Fashion Series: Casual Comfort


If you are just stopping by for the first time please check out my first fashion post.  It shares my heart on the matter and gives you some input on why me of all people is choosing to post on fashion.

It's been fun trying to make the most of my closet and see what I can come up with to make outfits from.  I will confess that for Christmas I may have been one of the crazies out buying stuff on Black Friday at Midnight but I got tons of clothes for like $75....worth it if you ask me.  Oh and in my searching I was really proud of myself (I used to hate clearance racks but I am trying to learn to love them).  I found one dress for $3.97 and another for like $5.50 both will be great for layering into fall and winter and wearing by themselves in summer.  Super excited to show those to you sometime in the future!  It's been along time since I've put something new in my closet so I don't feel bad at all, and it's being used as most if not all of my Christmas presents.  Today's outfit is something I wore for church.  Super comfy, and me.  

Jean Jacket- not sure where it's from.  I kind of hate it though so I was glad it finally got used.
Striped dress- Banana republic on super sale
Belt- Vanity
Brown Boots- Gordeman's
Necklace, Earrings, Bracelets- Icing by Claire's
Tights- Macys

I've owned all of this for a long time minus the striped dress.  I got it at a Banana Republic outlet store last summer for less than $15.  

In the summer I could easily wear this dress with flip flops or flats, and I could definitely wear a scarf instead of a necklace.  I've been really loving people's colored tights lately and I almost bought some on clearance but then realized the color would have been too crazy for almost 30 year old me to wear.  I'm not that daring!

My challenge to you this week:  You know that one thing in your closet you hate but you just can't get rid of?  Get creative!  Be creative and find a way to incorporate it into your wardrobe and love it again and if you try and just cannot find away to like it anymore then Let. It. Go!!  It's freeing!  Really it is!

Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment