Thursday, December 13, 2012

Let's Get Real: The Spare Bedroom

I'm dreading this post friends.....not because it's a bad one, but because it is forcing me to be transparent and show you my less than perfect me.  If you weren't here for my first post last week on being real then please read it here.  These "Real" posts are about me really showing you my life today as it is, not how you would see me if you gave me a little time to get myself and my house ready.  As I walked past the spare bedroom today my heart sank.  The room I've had on my to do list to clean for weeks now yelled at me...yelled at me that I had to share it with you too.  Grrr....its seriously ridiculous but here it goes.....

Our Spare Bedroom:

First of all yikes!  That's the first thing that comes to mind.  Now I know I am not the only one whose spare bedroom or basement or _________________ (you fill in your own blank) looks like this:


I find that I struggle time and time again with finding storage space in our tiny home.  It's 1350 square feet with hardly any closet space.  How in the world do you do it?!  Normally I am pretty on top of this room but at this time of year lots of extra things are around the house that can't be put away.  This room right now is mostly piled with presents for Christmas that need to be wrapped, Christmas decorations in boxes, Dave still has some of his gag gifts out from his birthday party, I see some books, a comforter my aunt gave us that I don't know what to do with in that black garbage bag, some art that still needs to be hung up on the wall and some other stuff I can't tell from looking at the picture cause it is too small right now.


On the bright side my sewing machine table is clean.  Yay!  Something positive!  (Err negative if you understand that that means I haven't been using it :) I must say when you live in a small house clutter drives you nuts 247.  I find myself constantly cleaning up things and trying to reorganize to find better systems.  I can't handle mess very well and because this is the only room in our house not used on a regular basis.  If we don't have time to find a home for it right away, it will probably get thrown in the spare bedroom.  Now it just takes a guest coming over to stay with us to make me find some motivation to clean it....so who wants to come stay with us!!???  

So in honor of my good friend Lydia who blogs at Walking with Dancers who was sad last week after I posted my first "Being Real" style post, when she tried to post a picture of her kitchen table mess on my Facebook wall and it wouldn't let her....why?  Because I disabled my Facebook page Full Heart Full Home from being people being able to upload pictures to it in fear someone someday may post something inappropriate.  So I am offering an exception to the rule....I want you to share your pictures!  Like my facebook page here: Full Heart Full Home and add your own picture of your real!  Don't be ashamed ladies.  Be encouraged that none of us is perfect!  More than anything I want us all to be women on this journey together- living life for Jesus the best way we know how and ladies....it ain't always going to be pretty and it most definitely won't be perfect!  

Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment