Sunday, December 30, 2012

I'm Perfect. Aren't You?

A few weeks ago I shared with you that I was chosen to do a book review for Jill Savage's newest book "No More Perfect Moms."  Jill is the CEO of Hearts at Home, an amazing ministry that is all about encouraging and equipping moms in all seasons of life!  

I had the privilege of meeting Jill last summer at She Speaks.  I knew quite a bit about her since her ministry is based in my town, plus I know her daughter in law, but had never actually met her in person and introduced myself.  She is such an amazing women!  She has such an amazing heart and she blessed me so much at She Speaks by eating dinner with me one night!  

But back to the reason for this post..."No More Perfect Moms."  I can't even begin to describe how excited I am about this book!  I have read through the first few chapters so far and already have teared up many times.  I've felt a lot of judgement in my short time of being a mom:  judged about being a working mom when others thought I should stay at home, and even judged others about many things myself.  I am guilty.  Guilty of setting too high of expectations on myself and on others.  Guilty of thinking I knew better about something than another mom did.  Guilty of thinking my way was "the" way.  

Before I even knew Jill was working on this book God was breaking my heart on the matter.  He was revealing to me my hardened heart and helping me realize that I didn't appreciate being judged by others or having high expectations placed upon me, so why would I do the same thing to others?   He was helping me understand that it's sin.  Flat out wrong to judge another whether you think you know better or not.  It's time to break down our barriers and differences between one another ladies and start encouraging one another as women of God to be faithful to what He calls each of us to, and that might look differently for your family than mine.  




No More Perfect Moms will help you...
  • Change your unrealistic expectations to realistic expectations in order to better manage everyday challenges.
  • Give grace and love to your husband and children even in difficult family life circumstances.
  • Increase your confidence when you resist the urge to compare your insides to other women's outsides.
  • Discover the beauty of grace when you stop judging yourself and stop judging others.
  • Find freedom from disappointment when you embrace your real family, your real challenges, and your real, but imperfect, life.


As we start the New Year friends I encourage you to check out Jill's book.  You will not be disappointed!  Don't buy it yet though!  You can read all about it here.  

Also, Jill has a FREE 31 day email challenge that starts on January 1st!  Visit this link to sign up now!  

Also, visit here to find out all the details about purchasing the book.  If you wait until February 4-9th when the book is released you will get lots of extra bonuses! 

Finally, would you please share this with your friends?  Whether it be this blog post or a direct link to the books website, if you have ever felt judged as a women, as a wife, or as a mother than don't you think many others have felt the same?  Please share this book with them too because each of our hearts need to be healed from the judgement by God's truth!

Blessings,

I'll be out for the rest of the week.  I'm enjoying a little time away with my family!  Be back soon!
  



5 comments:

  1. Love this post, Bridget. Thanks for sharing your heart and your burden I think we all share as mom's in having it all together.

    Love you girl, and am so excited to see how God uses you in 2013!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl you are so sweet! Excited to see how he uses us both :)

      Delete
  2. I'm about to be a new mom and cannot wait to read this book! Thanks for linking up with us for Mommy Moments!
    TheNotQuiteMilitaryWife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this book written from a Christian perspective??

    Thanks for linking up,
    The Mrs
    Host of Mommy Moments Blog Hop
    www.mrsvolnoff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is written from a Christian perspective. Jill Savage (the author of the book) is the founder of a wonderful Moms ministry called Hearts at Home. Here is a link to their sight http://www.hearts-at-home.org/
      They are an amazing resource!

      Delete